Wednesday 1 May 2013

How the conversion happened... My Life So Far

On Nadine's blog this morning she had written 250 words about her life. This was linked to another blog Story of My Life by Jenni who has set herself the challenge of blogging every day in May and has invited others to join in. I've been pretty rubbish at blogging lately I thought I'd set myself the challenge. There are topic titles for every day which makes it easier as that's one of the main reasons I don't blog often (lack of ideas!)

So Day 1.... The Story of My Life (in 250 words)

Questionable Hawaiian shirt circa 1993



1.  I was born in 1990, grew up in a village called Uppermill near(ish) to Manchester with my 2 parents and 2
    sisters. I have a pretty big extended family. I love it when we’re ALL together.  All 20-odd in one house. We
    have shout, we laugh, we get WAY TOO competitive. It’s carnage but it’s great.

2.   I had 3 best friends at primary school, one moved to Florida. But I still keep in touch with all of them,
    however intermittently.

3.   I started Blue Coat Secondary School. I met my best friend on the very first day and gradually our group
    grew. There are now 9 of us. They have given me some of my best memories over the past 10 years.

4.  I moved to Southampton in 2008 for uni after applying because apparently there’s much nicer weather in the
    South (advice from my Dad).While at uni I met the best group of girls. We lived, studied and partied together
    for 3 years. I miss those days.

5.  I met Ally. We got together in second year of uni, completely unexpected, so much so that some of my friend
    literally laughed in my face when I told them. But we’re still here 3 and a bit years later. He's one of the
    reasons I'm still in the South.

6.  I’m currently doing a PhD in Reading. Also keeping me in the South (for now). It’s tough. I struggle to find
    motivation sometimes. I feel like a fraud and that I’m not really clever enough to be doing it.



Who knows what’s next.







3 comments:

  1. hi! i found your blog through jenni @ story of my life. i love how you summed up your story using six bullets. it sounds to me like you're clever enough to be getting a PhD! don't sell yourself short :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meghan. Sorry for the slow reply! I've been following your blog every day in May, you're doing a much better job than me!

      Delete
  2. I still feel like a fraud and I've got my PhD - i think everyone feels like that :). Especially when you think of people like Einstein who have PhDs.. You'll be fine

    ReplyDelete